Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Crane Estate

Ipswich was our adventure after Rockport.  We went to the Crane Estate... and it was awesome.  We had tried going in the Fall, but it was closed for a wedding (I bet it was a beaut).  I really wish we could've come here before now because it was so cool and we didn't have as much time as we would have liked to discover this property.  But... glad we made it once.

It started with a bit of a hike. 

We had some beautiful views of the windy rivers that decorate the land.

And then we made it to the grounds. 

I thought this guy was cute.

At the end of the LONG lawn of rolling hills is this beautiful little gem of a beach.  
It was so windy I couldn't stop laughing, thus ensuring that Rob and I did not get a good picture here. hah.  Oh well. 

More wind.  It was reallllly windy.

And this is the modest home of the Cranes.  Check out that yard.  It was even longer than this picture makes it look like.  We had fun running down the hills then walking up the hills.

I decided I'd never want to live in a home this big, but I wouldn't mind having their backyard.  Just in case the opportunity arises that I'd need to make that kind of decision...

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Love the last photo of Rob, so cute. Katharine, you are hilarious! I hate the wind! Those photos are so funny and I can literally hear your cute laugh just looking at them!! Wow, this looks like a cool place to visit!