Since being home, me and my family have hung out in Detroit a few times. Detroit gets a bad rap most of the time, but really, it is such a cool city with cool architecture, yummy restaurants, sporting events, various festivals, and lots of other fun things to do.
One weekend we went down there for the Jazz Festival. There were stages set up all over the city with artists performing. It was quite entertaining- the performances and people watching down there.
 |
| ::Scott, Rob, Jax, Dad in Hart Plaza after watching one of the shows for a bit:: |
 |
| ::a cool building down town:: |
Then we went down there once to do a Coney Dog taste test (basically a hot dog with chili on top). On the Food Network they featured two Coney Island restaurants in Detroit and had a taste test battle thing. So of course, we had to go to those same Coney Islands and partake in the goodness. Except for the fact that I did not partake. I don't like hot dogs. But it was still fun to be down there.
 |
| ::Lily & Dad:: |
 |
| ::Kat & Dad:: |
 |
| ::Rob, Scott, Jax taste testing:: |
 |
| ::The plaza we were sitting in:: |
3 cheers for Detroit!
1 comment:
1. The picture of Lily laughing is super cute.
2. Even though I don't eat red meat, sometimes I eat hot dogs at baseball games, I actually love them :)
3. I am so glad you didn't get shot or raped (can I write that on your blog?) in Detroit. Thank goodness.
Post a Comment