Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

There are not enough long weekends in the work year.  Seriously.  Unfortunately this past long weekend started out with two love birds sick in bed/the couch... the entire day with food poisoning.  But luckily it was gone in time for the real weekend to begin!

On Saturday Rob and I went to Santa Monica.  All day.  I really don't even even know where the day went, but before we knew it, we had been there 8 hours.  Time flies when you're having fun, I guess.

We went into all sorts of stores on 3rd Street, including this fun one called Lush.
We enjoyed the sun.  Take 1, take 2, take 3. 3 unsuccessful attempts.  The sun was SO bright.
We walked over by the California incline to get a good view of the sunset.
We went to the Pier and played some arcade games.  As you might suspect, Rob was the winner...every time.
And then we just walked around.
It was all quite pleasant. 

Sunday started with church, and then later that day we had a nice bbq with our neighbors and friends, the Wuehlers.  It was a beautiful day so we ate our culinary delights outside in the Commons area.  

The last day of fun ended with a day at the beach.  We drove about 7 miles, or 25 minutes (thumbs down for traffic), to Zuma Beach and enjoyed a wonderful picnic, people watching, reading/sleeping for Rob, chatting on the phone for me, and then called it a day.
Until next year, Memorial Day.  Until next year.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I wish I was there! Also, your outfit is the cutest thing I've ever seen!